My guest today Mia Klitsas founder and CEO of Millie & More who produce the brand Moxie. Her “moxie” brand are a familiar sight at Woolworths, Coles & Chemist Warehouse.
Mia is a Melbourne-based entrepreneur with a passion for social entrepreneurship and women’s rights. Her “moxie” brand of women’s personal care products are a familiar sight at Woolworths, Coles, Chemist Warehouse and other major retailers locally, internationally and also online.
While studying a Bachelor of Business at RMIT, Mia and her business partner identified a gap in the women's personal care market. For a range of products that were not only high quality but also stylish, feminine and conveniently packaged. At the tender age of 21, she started her business, Millie & More, in mid-2005 and launched Moxie personal care products just six months later in 2006.
In October 2014, Mia was named Telstra Young Businesswoman of the Year for Victoria. And was listed as one of AFR and Westpac’s 100 Women of Influence’. Mia is an active member and board member of the global organisation 'Entrepreneur's Organisation‘. She is proud to be the key-note speaker at this year’s International Day of the Girl forum, run by Plan Australia. She also mentors students and speaks regularly at business groups, events and schools. Sharing her experiences, challenges and successes in managing a growing business and brand.
In this episode we delve into:
- How Millie & More started.
- How Mia come up with the idea of a tin box
- The hardest part of the initial start-up
- How Mia has grown the business
- What the top priorities were for building the business
- When Mia developed Moxie, she took on the big global multinationals – we talk about if she feared failure
- The biggest lesson Mia learnt in business
- Winning the 2014 Telstra Victorian Young Business Women’s Award
- Mia shares her career advice for other young women
- Mia shares her advice for anyone struggling in business
- Mia launched ‘Pads for Pads, in 2013, we talk about the iniatitive
- What the future looks like for Mia and the business
Mia Klitsas from Moxie is an amazing young woman. She has huge achieved success in business. She is an inspiration. Mia is a mentor for students and speaks at business groups, events and schools. Sharing her experiences, challenges and successes in running a growing business and brand.
Connect with us on twitter
OVER TO YOU…
What was your biggest take away or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
We'll respond to each and every comment.
Share the love!